Tuesday 2 September 2014

100 word challenge by George McNeil

 An option to challenge and extend ourselves is to take part in the 100 word challenge. Kids from all over the world take part in this. We are given a phrase and must use this in a short piece of writing that is only 100 words. The phrase for this week is....
...finally we can make a start...

                                                 The big game

Preparing for the big game we start tackling each other,practicing scrums,lineouts and our made up calls. We're ready. I'm prepared to take on the leadership of being the captain. We're on the top of the table,we're exited to take the win and win the whole competition. "Line up guys"the coach calls. I'm in the front of the line. Finally we can make a start. The whistle blows. I'm at first five. I kick off. We chase ohaupo run up.we turn it over,I get the ball I run I fend,no fullback yes, I score.
By George McNeil




2 comments:

  1. George used a moment in time and scored a try!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sound as though you really know what it feels like to play rugby and score a try, George. I like the way you have varied the size of the sentences - putting in some short sentences add impact to your writing. Well done for standing up to be the captain of your team - I bet you are already looking forward to next season. I know my boys are.

    Mrs Dee (100 WC Team)

    ReplyDelete