Wednesday 13 November 2013

A Time When I Was Successful by Nikki

The Proud Moment

Huff, puff! Will I make it to the finish line? I hear, "Go Nikki, go!" A cold shiver runs down my spine as I see the finish line. All I can see are friends and family running to the finish with their child. Eagerly I start sprinting to the finish line as I catch a glimpse of mum. She's yelling at me saying "You're nearly there, keep going!"

Clonk! "Yes, I'm over the finish line!" Miss Phillips hands me a square white card saying that I'm 4th place out of the 11 year olds to the 13 year olds. My friends all run over to congratulate me. My frown was turned upside down after all. "Have I just come 4th? OMG!" I can't believe it. I was as small as an ant, well, compared to some of the others I was against.

As I walk up to the control room mum keeps telling me how proud she is. Proudly I hand my card to the lady and tell her my name. Excitedly she tells me that I have finished 1st in my age group. I was honoured to get first place at the Interschool Cross Country.

No comments:

Post a Comment